Code of Conduct
The following guidelines are not a legal document, and final interpretation is up to the administration of eigenmagic.net; they are here to provide you with an insight into our content moderation policies:
- Happiness is encouraged.
- Try to be your best self.
- Don't be a dick.
- The following types of content will be removed from the public timeline, and may result in account suspension and/or revocation of access to the service:
- Racism or advocation of racism.
- Sexism or advocation of sexism.
- Discrimination against gender or sexual minorities, or advocation thereof.
- Xenophobic and/or violent nationalism.
- The following types of content are explicitly disallowed and will result in revocation of access to the service:
- Sexual depictions of children.
- Content illegal in Germany and/or France, such as holocaust denial or Nazi symbolism. (No Nazis)
- Conduct promoting the ideology of National Socialism. (Seriously. Absolutely no Nazis.)
- Any conduct intended to stalk or harass other users, or to impede other users from utilizing the service, or to degrade the performance of the service, or to incite other users to perform any of the aforementioned actions, is also disallowed, and subject to punishment up to and including revocation of access to the service. This includes, but is not limited to, the following behaviour:
- Continuing to engage in conversation with a user that has specifically has requested for said engagement with that user to cease and desist may be considered harassment, regardless of platform-specific privacy tools employed.
- Aggregating, posting, and/or disseminating a person's demographic, personal, or private data without express permission (informally called doxing or dropping dox) may be considered harassment.
- Inciting users to engage another user in continued interaction or discussion after a user has requested for said engagement with that user to cease and desist (informally called brigading or dogpiling) may be considered harassment.
This Is Not The Bad Bird Site
- Hide politics and religion posts behind a Content Warning so people can choose whether or not to engage with that stuff here.
- Consider: Does thinking or talking about this thing make me angry or sad or both? If so, a Content Warning is probably a good idea.
- Consider: Does everyone really need to see my rant? Maybe limit that post to just your own followers rather than sending it to everyone in the Fediverse.
These provisions notwithstanding, the administration of the service reserves the right to revoke any user's access permissions, at any time, for any reason, except as limited by law.
This site is owned and run by @daedalus.
He may decide to appoint other moderators and/or administrators from time to time, according to his whim.
A Watch has not yet been created, but it probably will be if this service gains any kind of scale.