(I was up early today because Cef got up at stupid o'clock to leave for the airport).
Hello! Scholar.Social is excited to host the second #SummerSchool, a free, indisciplinary online academic conference - roughly spanning 7/26-8/4 🌞
We'll be looking for: people to help organize, moderators for the presentations, and presenters! Stay tuned for more details 👀
You can check out past presentations here: https://summerschool.scholar.social/
Pics of works-in-progress.
1. The brim of my new hat. It has about an hour's work in it, I only cast on this morning.
2. The intimidating-project cardigan. Much further along since I last talked about it, I'm close to the neckline. It looks a bit weird because it's still joined together - there will be steeking in the near future 😯
People were asking about whether you could use it to include references and my guess was that it was similar to how referencing works in LaTeX but I wasn't sure.
The logic here is:
Inconsistent planning approaches for sustainability, because:
1. The initial integration of sustainability into planning was haphazard
2. The purpose of planning is guided by the the relationship between the local/rural and the rest of society, a relationship which has become ambiguous over the last 70 years
3. In Australia, progressive local government can be perceived as a political threat at higher levels of govt so there is less incentive to be consistent
So yesterday I started revising my revisions for my second paper (Supervisor 1 had problems with how concepts had evolved through revisions and wanted it changed). I wanted to include something on power imbalances between levels of government (specifically that local govt has little power) leading to a lack of consistency in planning approaches but I just don't know if it's too long a bow to draw.
menstruation + covid vax
Oh hey there's an actual study gathering data on the menstrual side effects of covid vaccines: https://redcap.healthinstitute.illinois.edu/surveys/index.php?s=LL8TKKC8DP
I just did the thing and they did a basically fine job of making the language in the survey gender-neutral so that's cool ✔️
If you are a menstruator (past or present) and have had at least one vaccine dose, consider participating!
Sustainability science PhD candidate. Obsessed with cats. Knitter & spinner. Vegetable gardener. Goth/metal. Living with migraine. She/her. May swear.
The social network of the future: No ads, no corporate surveillance, ethical design, and decentralization! Own your data with Mastodon!